[Pophealth] Social & economic inequalities impact health in USA

Stephen Bezruchka sabez at uw.edu
Thu Sep 14 10:44:22 PDT 2023

Greetings,

Youssef Azami, a former combined master's student in the School of Public Health and also School of Public Affairs at the University of Washington studies what knowledge these graduate students had about U.S. health in comparison to other countries. Not much it turns out.

A comprehensive report on his findings along with many useful links, produced by Kate Stringer at our School of Public Health can be found at
https://sph.washington.edu/news-events/sph-blog/how-social-and-economic-inequalities-are-impacting-life-expectancy-in-america

Very few schools in this country, at any level, teach about the poor health status of Americans. We have work to do.

Stephen

Stephen Bezruchka MD, MPH
Departments of Health Systems and Population Health & of Global Health
School of Public Health
Box 357660
University of Washington
Seattle, Washington 98195-7660