[Segway-announce] Segway 2.0.5 released
Eric.Roberts at uhnresearch.ca
Wed Jun 26 07:26:17 PDT 2019
We are pleased to announce the availability of Segway 2.0.5!
This is primarily a bug fix and enhancement related release. It's highly recommended to upgrade to avoid these bugs in the future.
Segway (and Genomedata) are both available on Bioconda. With Bioconda installed, to install segway run 'conda install segway'. Segway can still be installed through older methods using "pip", see the Quickstart Guide (https://segway.readthedocs.io/en/latest/quick.html) for details.
Segway now performs marginally better in the case where it is running locally and not submitting to a cluster machine. Previously, Segway would hold off on submitting jobs to a cluster when running multiple instances in order not to immediately flood the job submission queue. This self-imposed job submission restriction has been removed in the case there is no cluster system Segway can submit jobs to.
Here is a full list of changes made since the last announcement here:
* segway: removed sleeping on main segway process for multiple training instances
* segway: when running locally segway will no longer initially sleep training threads
* segway: fixed bug causing identify to fail with archives of different track numbers
* segway: fixed python 3 encoding issue arising when --bigBed is selected
* segway: fix RestartableJob priority sorting when memory requirements match
Known Bugs: To see all known bugs head to the issue tracker at http://bitbucket.org/hoffmanlab/segway/issues
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.
Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this e-mail may not be that of the organization.
If you feel you have received an email from UHN of a commercial nature and would like to be removed from the sender's mailing list please do one of the following:
(1) Follow any unsubscribe process the sender has included in their email
(2) Where no unsubscribe process has been included, reply to the sender and type "unsubscribe" in the subject line. If you require additional information please go to our UHN Newsletters and Mailing Lists page.
Please note that we are unable to automatically unsubscribe individuals from all UHN mailing lists.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Segway-announce