[Ssnet_list] Rollins lecture: 'Of the meaning of (scientific) progress: Friday 5/20, 1:30pm, in-person and online:

Jenna Grant jmgrant at uw.edu
Wed May 18 09:36:49 PDT 2022

[image: image.png]

Dear colleagues,

Please share with your department lists and relevant networks. Thank you!

We are thrilled about this week's events to do with Oliver Rollin's
lecture, our sixth in the 2022 Anthropology Distinguished Lecture Series.
Dr. Rollins's lecture will be *in person* in ART 227/9 as well as *online*.
Join us in any way you can!

*1. Friday 5/20, 1:30-2:30pm*: *In person* [*Art Building Room 227/9] &
online* LECTURE, "Of the meaning of (scientific) progress: How science
continues to get race wrong"
For online, register:
https://washington.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMtfuqorTsiH9b7QbUYcDCpxFGimdctwkHb

*2. Friday 5/20, 3:45pm*: *In-person *[*Art Building Room 227/9] **and
online*. STUDENT MEET & GREET organized by Anthropology PhD/MPH students
Rachael Tamngin and Sumaya Mohamed (students only, with Dr. Rollins. Note
this event is *not* directly after the talk, but later the same afternoon.)
https://washington.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMtfuqorTsiH9b7QbUYcDCpxFGimdctwkHb

Kind regards,
Jenna

--
Jenna Grant, PhD (*she series*)
Assistant Professor, Department of Anthropology
jmgrant at uw.edu

My latest publication is 'Portrait and Scan
<https://read.dukeupress.edu/public-culture/article/33/3%20(95)/349/249942/Portrait-and-Scan>'
in *Public Culture.*

I acknowledge that I live, work, and play on the un-ceded lands and waters
of the Lushootseed-speaking Peoples; the Duwamish, Muckleshoot, Puyallup,
Suquamish, and Tulalip.