[Ssnet_list] Follow-up and opportunities: STSS Community Gathering

Monika Sengul-Jones via Ssnet_list ssnet_list at u.washington.edu
Fri Mar 29 11:45:55 PDT 2024

Hi all,

It was brought to my attention that a link in my message below didn't
work. Here
are the all the full links, for your ease:

-

Take the survey: https://forms.gle/FjvBFkLtt7QDMSvJA
-

Apply to STSS certificate program:
https://depts.washington.edu/stsst/applying.php
-

Recent STSS courses: https://depts.washington.edu/ssnet/courses.php
-

Subscribe to the listserv:

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Monika

Hello, Science, Technology, Society Studies scholars, community, and more:

Thank you to all who came to the STSS Community Gathering at the Simpson
Center. What a wonderful occasion to meet each other and ignite
possibilities. To those of you who wished you could make it but did not,
involvement is still possible! Here’s how:

1. Take the STSS Survey by April 5, 2024: Whether you were able to attend
the event or not, we invite all of you to participate in the STSS survey.
Tell us how we did and what you want to do next: STSS Survey Link
<https://forms.gle/63b9qvVWGEKrfS4w7>

2. Join the first First Monday STSS Reading Group on Monday May 6 at
12:30-1:20p, indicate your interest by April 5. Save the date for the first
Monday of each month for the First Monday STSS Reading Group. Our inaugural
meeting will be on May 6 from 12:30-1:20 via Zoom. This participant-led
reading group will discuss submissions from two participants, such as
works-in-progress, book proposals, essays, unpublished articles, conference
papers, first chapters of recently published books, and more. Everyone is
welcome to attend.

Do you have a reading you'd like to share? Please indicate your interest in
the survey by April 5. STSS Survey Link
<https://forms.gle/63b9qvVWGEKrfS4w7> We'll provide details about the
readings at least two weeks in advance.

3. Learn more about the STSS Certificate: Explore the UW STSS certificate
program and recent graduate courses relevant to STS students. The How to
Apply (washington.edu <https://depts.washington.edu/stsst/applying.php>
https://depts.washington.edu/stsst/applying.php site will be of special
interest to graduate students who want to join the certificate
program; applications
are due by May 10.

-

UW STSS Certificate: <https://depts.washington.edu/stsst/index.php>
https://depts.washington.edu/stsst/index.php
-

Recent STSS courses: https://depts.washington.edu/ssnet/courses.php

4. Share the STSS Listserv: Help us expand our reach by forwarding this
message to your departmental coordinators and colleagues who may not yet be
part of the Science Studies Network listserv. Increased cross-campus
involvement can lead to even more opportunities. Subscribe to the listserv
here: https://mailman13.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/ssnet_list

Forwarded this email? Subscribe here
https://mailman13.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/ssnet_list

Questions? Reach out!

Your co-hosts,

Monika Sengul-Jones, Society + Technology program manager, UW Tech Policy
Lab; and Leah Ceccarelli, director of the STSS graduate certificate program
and professor in the Department of Communication

Special thanks to the Simpson Center for support and the beautiful space,
and to Society + Technology and the Tech Policy Lab for partnership

*The University of Washington acknowledges the Coast Salish peoples of this
land, the land which touches the shared waters of all tribes and bands
within the Suquamish, Tulalip, and Muckleshoot nations.*