[statnet_help] Likelihood and AIC from mtergm() in the btergm package by Leifeld

Pavel Krivitsky p.krivitsky at unsw.edu.au
Mon Mar 2 03:47:16 PST 2020

Hi,

On Sat, 2020-02-22 at 16:04 +0000, Leifeld, Philip wrote:

> However, the ergm package does not seem

> to define a working logLik method for models with an offset term,

Are you sure? Every version I've tried handles this OK:

> logLik(ergm(flomarriage~edges+offset(edges),offset.coef=-2))

'log Lik.' -82.01365 (df=2)

Actually, now that I look, df should be 1 here, since there is only one
free parameter. Also, it looks like the value of the maximised
likelihood depends on the offset parameter, which, in this case, it
shouldn't:

> logLik(ergm(flomarriage~edges+offset(edges),offset.coef=-1))

'log Lik.' -79.6536 (df=2)

Another day, another issue (or two).

Best,
Pavel