[statnet_help] MCMC% values

Haenni, Malena malena.haenni at unisg.ch
Thu Mar 12 03:21:43 PDT 2020

Dear statnet community

I am working with valued ERGMs with count data. I am wondering what the MCMC % values mean. I never see them reported in papers, but I was told in a summer school course as a rule of thumb that the value should not be higher than 10.

Any insights on that? And what does it mean for the goodness of my models if I have a few predictors for which the values are 50 or even up to 78? This is the case for sum and one other predictor, the others are 0 ore close to 0.

What does this tell me about the goodness or the legitimacy of the models?

I would be grateful for your insights.

Best
Malena

Malena Haenni
Phd candidate

[https://owa.unisg.ch/owa/service.svc/s/GetFileAttachment?id=AAMkAGVkMjc4ZDQ2LWE2MTgtNGU2Zi1iMjM0LWMwYzM3N2RkNGM3MABGAAAAAACiVTGePE42TKTx82ovfOpiBwDZ09ADcZZYTK%2F53pderis%2BAAAAAAEJAADZ09ADcZZYTK%2F53pderis%2BAAAAAG1kAAABEgAQAHPgAW%2Fgj3xGso5x3j7BpJI%3D&X-OWA-CANARY=0fTg9RdP3kSUDpQ7yUTodZV9c_1tetQIsS4O3xbzUQzQbfvE3V3TsksfqzFbVgKFFsv07hIw8IM.]
Institut für Systemisches Management und Public Governance | (IMP-HSG)
Universität St.Gallen (HSG) | Dufourstr. 40a | CH-9000 St.Gallen

Tel. +41 79 796 50 40
malena.haenni at unisg.ch<mailto:malena.haenni at unisg.ch> | www.imp.unisg.ch<http://www.imp.unisg.ch/>