[statnet_help] Reference distribution h(x) in valued ERGM

Pavel Krivitsky p.krivitsky at unsw.edu.au
Fri Mar 13 20:42:55 PDT 2020

Dear Yaxin,

It should be in the help for the references:

help('ergm-references')

Best,
Pavel

On Fri, 2020-03-06 at 14:19 -0600, Yaxin Cui wrote:
Dear Statnet Community,

I am working on a weighted network modeling using valued-ERGM in my research, and the determination of the choice of reference distribution h(y).

I know there are choices such as Poisson distribution, Geometric distribution (in ergm.count) and also Bernoulli, uniform, discrete uniform and standard normal distribution (in ergm). Is there any mathematical form of h(y) for each distribution? As the network structure y is the variable in h(y) function, how does the distribution of link strength determine h(y)?

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

Regards,
Yaxin

--
Yaxin Cui, Ph.D. student
Northwestern University, Mechanical Engineering Department

<mailto:statnet_help at u.washington.edu>

statnet_help at u.washington.edu