[statnet_help] Distance-dependent ERGM model

Adam Haber adamhaber at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 13:15:03 PDT 2020

Hello,

(Apologies in advance if this is a trivial question - I’m quite new to modelling with ERGMs, and I couldn’t find an answer elsewhere...)

The nodes in the network I’m studying are embedded in 3D, and I have reasons to believe that the spatial organisation plays a major role in the structure of the network, along with a specific node-level attribute. How can one model such a spatial dependency using ergm? AFAIU, it’s not absdiff, since it’a a function of 3 numeric node-level attributes (it’s x-y-z coordinates). Is it also possible to have a different distance-dependence for different levels of some node-level attribute?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Best regards,
Adam Haber
Department of Neurobiology