[statnet_help] node entry and exit in TERGMs

martina morris morrism at uw.edu
Tue Aug 18 07:33:29 PDT 2020

Hi Holly,

You can use EpiModel for this. The demographic process is handled
separately, and you'll need to make (and understand) some assumptions
about how the network dynamics change when network size and composition
changes.

Take a look at epimodel.org. Happy to talk more after this week.

best,
Martina

On Mon, 17 Aug 2020, Carter T. Butts wrote:

> Hi, Holly -

> This can certainly be done, although it requires a non-trivial extension of the modeling

> framework.  One treatment can be found here:

> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4479214/

> Hope that helps!

> -Carter

> On 8/17/20 12:46 PM, Holly Loncarich wrote:

> Hello,

> I hope that everyone is having a good start to their semester! I am attempting to use

> a TERGM over a time period of five years on a strategic alliance dataset. I was

> wondering if anyone has any advice or could point me to any resources on handling

> node entry and exit in the TERGM analysis? I am very new to TERGMs and would

> appreciate any thoughts or comments.

> Thank you,

> Holly

> Holly Loncarich

> PhD Candidate

> Walton College of Business

> University of Arkansas

Professor Emerita of Sociology and Statistics
Box 354322
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-4322

Office: (206) 685-3402