[statnet_help] Error of nodesqrtcovar terms in valued ERGM

Yu-Lun Chen ylc317 at nyu.edu
Wed Dec 23 12:42:52 PST 2020

Dear all,

Good day! I am fitting directed, valued ERGMs for relatively small social
networks (12 nodes), where I experience issues with nodeisqrtcovar and
nodeosqrtcovar terms. I intended to model Individual heterogeneity for both
out-and in-degrees, yet I wasn't able to include both terms in the model.
The error reads:

Error in check.ErgmTerm(nw, arglist, directed = TRUE, nonnegative = TRUE,
:
all_identical(c(length(varnames), length(vartypes),
length(defaultvalues), .... is not TRUE

Instead, when I tried either term or the undirected term (nodesqrtcovar),
the model worked out fine, only that nodesqrtcovar tended to show
convergence issues. Is it possible to fit nodeisqrtcovar and nodeosqrtcovar
terms simultaneously? Thank you so much!

Happy holidays,
Yu-Lun

--
Yu-Lun Chen, M.S., OTR