[statnet_help] Explanation and interpretation of valued ERGM terms - nodecovar

Yaxin Cui yaxincui2023 at u.northwestern.edu
Thu Dec 24 17:24:56 PST 2020

Hello,

I am working on modeling a weighted (valued) network using valued ERGMs.
However, I feel it is hard to understand the "nodecovar" term. In the
ergm-term document, it was described as "Uncentered covariance of dyad
values incident on each actor" and "can be viewed as a valued analog of the
kstar(2) statistic". However, I cannot really understand what this
statistic measures and how should we interpret it in an undirected network?

Thank you so much!

Best,

Yaxin