[statnet_help] [External] Re: TERGM: "vertex.pid must be specified when network sizes of network.list are different

Wang, Jeffery Shih-Chieh jscw at iu.edu
Tue Dec 29 08:56:20 PST 2020

Dear Martina,

Thanks for the reply. I simply added my missing vertices back to each year' network and then the issue was solved.

Thanks again!
Best,
Jeffery

On 12/23/20, 17:39, "martina morris" <morrism at uw.edu> wrote:

-------

Yes Jeffery,

Network data management in tergm is handled by the networkDynamic package.
Per the networkDynamic documentation the `vertex.pid` argument should be
the name of a vertex attribute (which should be present in each network in
the input list). The values are used as vertex unique IDs across networks
in the input list.

HTH,
Martina

On Thu, 17 Dec 2020, Wang, Jeffery Shih-Chieh wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I am working on TERGM analysis and my size of nodes of each is different in each year. So, I am stuck
> on how to converting my network lists into the networkDynamic objects for TERMG analysis. Below are
> the codes and the message I’ve got:
>

> Code 1:
>
> datalist <- list(pol.06.graph, pol.07.graph, pol.08.graph, pol.09.graph, pol.10.graph, pol.11.graph,
> pol.12.graph, pol.13.graph, pol.14.graph ,pol.15.graph, pol.16.graph, pol.17.graph,pol.18.graph,
> pol.19.graph)
>
> #these are my network in different years
>

> Code 2:
>
> polnet.all <- networkDynamic(network.list = datalist)
>
> #(When I was trying to converting the networks into networkDynamic objects, I got the message saying
> that "vertex.pid must be specified when network sizes of network.list are different"
>

> I am analyzing an organization’s project co-sponsorship network. The total nodes are 21. But some
> nodes in different years did not involve in the co-sponsorship activities. Thus, for example, my
> network data in 2018 has 19 nodes, but in 2018 has 20 nodes, etc..
>

> I still haven’t figured out how to specify vertex.pid. Do I need to specify pid (persistent IS) in
> each year? If so, how to do it? Or simply specify the names of the 21 nodes? Could anyone advise?
>

> Thank you so much in advance!
>

> Best,
>
> Jeffery
>
> -------------------------------
>
> Jeffery Shih-Chieh Wang (Mr)
>
> PhD Student | CNS-NRT Interdisciplinary Dual PhD Program
>
> Dept. of Political Science and Dept. of Informatics
>
> Indiana University Bloomington
>
> jscw at iu.edu; Jeffery.wang429 at gmail.com
>
> Visit CNS-NRT | Political Science

Professor Emerita of Sociology and Statistics
Box 354322
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-4322

Office: (206) 685-3402