[statnet_help] Appropriate terms for bipartite ERGM?

Zachary Gibson zagibson at syr.edu
Thu Jun 9 14:38:24 PDT 2022

Hello,

I'm currently working on a project with bipartite networks. We're interested in understanding what drives actors in the first mode to connect with the same node in the second mode. We hypothesized:

1. Actors who are similar in certain traits would be more likely to connect with the same node
2. Actors who are geographically proximal would be more likely to connect with the same node.

I'm unsure of terms in ERGM that aptly capture these hypotheses except for b1nodematch, which doesn't seem intended for continuous covariates. I considered building terms using the ergm.userterms package, but that appears to be offline at the moment?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Zachary Gibson, Ph.D.
Research Associate (Community Services & Technology)
D'Aniello Institute for Veterans and Military Families<https://ivmf.syracuse.edu/>

T 847.440.6930
zagibson at syr.edu<mailto:zagibson at syr.edu>

National Veterans Resource Center
Daniel & Gayle D'Aniello Building
101 Waverly Ave, Syracuse, NY 13244
ivmf.syracuse.edu<https://ivmf.syracuse.edu/>
[Syracuse University D'Aniello Institute for Veterans and Military Families Logo. JPMorgan Chase & Co., Founding Partner.]